Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FileMaker 14 on Mac: '?' failed to initialze

This topic is 3028 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I compiled a plugin for both Win and Mac using the latest version of the ScriptMaster plugin (4.42). The plugin generates barcodes using the barcode4j library (jar file). On Windows, the 32-bit and 64-bits versions work fine. In Scriptmaster, on Mac,  I can run scripts using the code, and register the function. The functions work perfectly.

On Mac OS X 10.10 and 10.11 in FileMaker Pro Advanced 14 the compiled plugin works only every 2nd time when I uncheck and check the plugin again in FileMaker > Preferences... > Plugins, Enabled plug-ins. When the plugin does not work (ERROR is returned), if I check and uncheck in Preferences in FileMaker, I get the message "'?' failed to initialize". When the plugin does not work, the error returned by the 'LastError' function is this: java.lang.InternalError. Can't start the AWT because Java was started on the first thread." I have tested this on multiple machines , also machines that did not have the ScriptMaster plugin itself installed. I removed the Oracle version of Java and installed the Mac version as well.

It looks like an issue with the plugin not managing threads correctly?!

Screen Shot 2016-01-15 at 11.55.34.png

Edited by Jeroen Aarts

This topic is 3028 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.