Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Hide Tab Control and Hide Fields

Matthew R White

This topic is 2978 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

First, I have a tab control with 3 tabs, I would like to use the Hide If feature to hide certain tabs depending on certain conditions. When I try this it hides the whole tab control (with all 3 tabs) and I'm looking to do this individually, is this at all possible?

Second, I have quite a few fields that I need to have on my layout for calculations and scripts but I don't want users to see these. What is the best way to keep the fields on a layout but hide them from users?

Thanks! :)

59 minutes ago, Matthew R White said:

I have quite a few fields that I need to have on my layout for calculations and scripts

Calculations do not require fields to be present on the layout. Neither should scripts - if done correctly.

Edited by comment

Hi Matthew,

There are ways to hide a tab panel, here is a link to some videos. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDTT-ZMjfcY

Calculations do not have to be on a layout in order to work. You can also use set fields and set variables to avoid the need for the fields to be on a layout too.

HTH
Lee

The video method sort of works; if you're willing to hide ALL the tabs in that tab panel and only reveal contents of one panel at a time.

Which seems to differ from Matthew's requirement; but I don't think that is entirely clear.

1 hour ago, comment said:

Calculations do not require fields to be present on the layout. Neither should scripts - if done correctly.

Hi comment, your post didn’t show when I came back to post my link. At least we gave the same message. :)

This topic is 2978 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.