ExecuteSQL Hide Duplicates in Portal?

This topic is 2916 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi All,

Need some help and I *think* that ExecuteSQL will do it but i'm not sure how:

I have a portal which lists 4 fields in a tabe called Related Job Items.  The fields are Detail, Notes, Compound and Sales.

With multiple records there is a potential that the portal may list duplicates which is undesired - For example 2 records could have all 4 fields with the same information as it is based on a lookup from all jobs.  What i want to do is ensure that when all 4 fields match a previous record it only shows it once in the portal.

Any Thoughts?

Thanks,

There are several methods to make a portal display only unique values - you can see a couple of them here:
http://fmforums.com/topic/71906-getting-more-out-of-filtered-portals-3unique-values/

However, something seems to be wrong with this request - esp. this part:

56 minutes ago, R81 said:

2 records could have all 4 fields with the same information as it is based on a lookup from all jobs.

Why do they need to replicate information already stored in the parent(?) job? And what does the combination of Detail, Notes, Compound and Sales represent in real life? Perhaps you should add another table for such entity, and point your portal to there.

Thanks for the link, I will take a look at the link shortly.

In short the is a jobs table which contains info such as date created, job number etc.  There is also a job items table linked via job number.  Job Items have several fields (approx 35), 4 of which are listed above.  There can only ever be a unique job number but there can be multiple job items relating to this job.

The portal I am referring to is a 'spec sheet' which basically lists all the customers related job items however where those 4 fields are the same there is no need to list them more than once.  The records in question will be part of different job numbers hence unique entries in the job items table and as part of one of the other 31 fields may be slightly different but those dont need to be considered for this filter.

This topic is 2916 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.