Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Transpose script help

This topic is 2856 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi All,

I'm trying to see if Filemaker would be able to move a field in a row and move it to a specific column/field.  In my sample i have many rows per each sales order.  I would like to create 1 row with all the items sent to a new field.

the goa is to have 1 row with all the items, but items under multiple columns/fields.  I attached a sample, i'm hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction.  not sure if its a hard or something simple.

Thanks in advance.

Field Sales.fmp12

2016-07-01_6-37-19.jpg

29 minutes ago, Nestor said:

the goa is to have 1 row with all the items, but items under multiple columns/fields

That is the wrong goal. You should aim at having a record for each distinct order in a SalesOrders table, and a related record for each individual item in a LineItems table.

Edited by comment

We have this in place, the reason why i'm tryin to put all the items under one row is because i'm trying to print a label and a content label using bartender.  Currently due to the software limitations this is the only format i can make it work to come up with what we need.

If that's really the case, then use calculation fields (defined in the SalesOrders table) to get the related items IDs. A single repeating calculation field =

GetValue ( List ( LineItems::ItemID ) ; Get ( CalculationRepetitionNumber ) )

should give you everything you need, I think. Of course, the number of line items will be hard-limited by the number of repetitions.

• Like 1

This topic is 2856 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.