Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FMSE freezing

This topic is 3258 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a client I have taken over from someone who made a plugin - with only about 4 functions it has to be said - and it is being used on server 13

the main script is is used in is triggered once a minute during working hours (8-8) and then once an odour during the night,

The start up script just does the plugin registration if is on the server and then moves to the functional script.

they are finding that after about 5 days the script engine is no longer working, and I have ascertained that the plugin is not registering, and the only way to deal with this is  to restart the script engine.

Any observations as to what part SM is playing in this scenario? Is it just not gracefully releasing resources so gradually filling the JVM or memory?

John i have had the same thing with I thought it was BE plugin i was doing a PSOS to do HTTP post - however i don't think it was it but was the Server Side script that was using the email plugin ever 2 minutes. - when i tried my PSOS script it would fail because i'd need to restart FMSE. I think it may have to do with email plugin, or it could also be Scribe or SM because part of the email fetch routine i think i am also parsing the content. - I haven't had time to put my finger on a resolution. 

Its probably the "max files" issue. I thought 360works would have fixed it on the latest release, but it still happens. Each time a server side script runs and initializes ScriptMaster, ScriptMaster reloads JARs even when they are already loaded (there may also be a memory issue going on, which is why increasing the heap size can help). ScriptMaster should either purge open JARs when exiting a server side execution, or it should check for open JARS and not reload them.

Here's the original post:I use this command-line command to check how many JAR files are opened. If the number goes up each time the script runs then you've got the issue.

lsof -p `pgrep fmsased` | grep jar | wc -1

Omit the "| wc -l" to see if there are multiple copies of the same jars open.

My solution was to create a SMIsRegistered module that returns "true", and only initialize ScriptMaster if that script doesn't return true.

thanks Jonathan

I didn't write the plug in but its not using any jar files as its just doing basic file stuff... so must be related to the registration function

This topic is 3258 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.