Search Issue

This topic is 2790 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a layout that has a calculation field for my records.  This calculation shows if an order is open or closed.  Normally I can use the search feature and type open in that field to show all my open records.  Just last week it doesn't search correctly.  When I search for all the open records now it will bring up a lot of closed records and just a few open records.  The calculation hasn't been changed and it works if you look at my records individually. 

This is my calculation.   If(GetAsNumber(BALANCESHIP)=0;"CLOSED"; "OPEN")

Edited by cterrell16

Sorry for the delayed response but maybe try turning off indexing on that calculated field and then turning it back on again to force FM to rebuild the index.  Maybe the index got corrupted and no longer matches the field content.

My other thought is to stretch the field out vertically on your layout to make sure that both the Open and Closed aren't values contained in the field.

Also look for really simple goof-ups. In the past I've been baffled by FM's behavior when I have made rookie mistakes like binding the wrong (but similar) script to a button or having nearly identical fields in the DB and searching one while looking at the other. Think about the problem as if you had to explain it to somebody who had no experience with it. I can't count the number of times a user will call me with a problem and as they are explaining it to me it suddenly occurs to them what they are doing wrong.

One more thought: Is your field a true calculated field or is it an auto-entered calculation?

This topic is 2790 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.