Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Eliminating Find Mode

This topic is 8493 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I've run into a situation where I have set access restrictions for a low end user level to only a particular part of the solution. The solution is set up so these low end users can normally only see there own records.

However, it is possible for the user to enter find mode and perform a query in a field that I have to give them access to. (I can't cover it up with an invisable box as they are required to enter data in it.) They are then able to see other users records.

Am I missing something in FM's security setup that would prevent the Find Mode from being available? Is a plug-in my only option? re: FMSecure or other?

Under the user's password, set the Available Commands to either "Editing Only" or "None".

The "Editing Only" will only allow the users to edit text within the fields they have access to. Everything else you will have to set up for them via buttons/scripts.

They will only be able to do what you provide them with buttons.

All great suggestions, thanks.

In this particular case the solution in question was inherited and lacks a good button interface. So using the regular FM menu access re: Editing Only or None removes some of the required functionality. I guess I was looking for a quick fix and removing JUST the find functionality would have done that. Oh well, ho ho ho, it's off to work I go.

This topic is 8493 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.