Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Hide the blank last portal row

Ste!

This topic is 4218 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

when i check the option to "allow creation of related records", in a relationship, a blank row will be added to my portal ...

what can i do to never show the blank portal row until it is needed?

i don't wanna go to another format ... add new record ... then come back to see my new record on the portal ... this cause on an iPad with fmgo an orrible refresh of windows ...

can't use conditional formatting to hide the row ... the underground of my portal is transparent ... let it show the underground image.

post-107500-0-85861000-1349174363_thumb.

thank you.

Stefano

Well if you have allow creation on you will get the blank row for entry. It is the intended behavior.

See if you can make use of this post.

http://fmforums.com/forum/topic/72211-revisit-adding-records-to-a-portal

• Like 1

what can i do to never show the blank portal row until it is needed?

can't use conditional formatting to hide the row ... the underground of my portal is transparent ... let it show the underground image.

I am not entirely clear either. Are you just trying to deal with the last row not SHOWING or do you want to stop Users from creating new records 'until needed' as David asks? John's approach is great for adding new records where you won't want to add to the bottom but it does not restrict Users from entering new records whenever they wish.

Anyway, here is another few ideas ... you CAN use transparent overlay with conditional format to hide only the last row. If you want to prohibit Users from entering the last row unless they set a checkbox then I've included that as well. It is in version 11 format since its functionality is same for both versions. You can easily convert it if need be.

I've used a global flag field to allow new record. You may wish to use standard field (if it should apply this parent record for everyone). Security could then stop new records unless an Admin unlocked it (for example).

UPDATED: This concept of prohibiting the new record can be applied to John's example as well. :laugh2:

BlankRow.zip

Edited by LaRetta

Also I forgot this is 12 ... you can adjust the conditional formatting portion if you wish because now we can set a field to transparent in conditional formatting but I think you get the idea.

"what can i do to never show the blank portal row until it is needed?"

What is your criteria for "until it is needed"?

Hi David,

stop Users from creating new records? yes i can do that

just wanna do is hiding the last row ... because i love to show niceness form, but i need to insert new record directly to the portal!

let me explain better my step:

whith a big button on another portal, choose what i wanna to insert to the portal with the last row hide.

now with a script do that:

set variable (what i wanna to insert)

set variable ""

set variable ""

now in "some way" let the row visible

go to the object( my portal with last row now visible)

go to the row (last)

set field (my variable)

set field (my variable)

set field (my variable

inser a row in this way on the ipad with fmgo doesn't flash my window ... so it's niceness!

Sorry for my English ... hope you understand.

Thank you everyone.

Stefano

This topic is 4218 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.