Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Unlock template elements

Jondb

This topic is 3546 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi-

I've always made FP layouts from scratch, but this time I decided to use the layout wizard to create a themed layout.

I'd like to unlock all the elements in the template to customise it, but I can't select items such as the background panels in order to unlock and move them. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Jon

Hi Jon,

That doesn’t sound right, all of the templates are completely open.

I see you need to update your profile to reflect your current version of FileMaker, OS, and Platform, here is a quick link for that MY PROFILE

AFAIK, the backgrounds are the parts (i.e. Header, Body, and Footer) and you can change them by clicking on them and either right clicking and selecting the color, or using the “Inspector” (Cmd + I on the Mac)

Which template and theme are you working with?

Lee

Hi Jon,

It sounds like you want to customise an existing theme.  You will need version 13 where you can copy an existing template theme to a custom theme and then modify the styles of the custom theme all you wish.  :-)

Thanks, LaRetta - I don't think it's worth upgrading just to do this! There must be a way around it.

Lee - I went 'New layout/report > report > Pine Theme'

The layout has a striped background, a green panel in the header and an off-white panel in the body. I'd like to be able to move and alter these panels but they don't seem to be selectable at all.

THanks

J

The green strip is an image. Click on the header, then in the Inspector, go to the Appearance >> Image then choose  None in the drop down list for image, which will Delete it.

This topic is 3546 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.