Server Maintenance This Week. ×

ICR / OCR - Populate Filemaker Quotation Database

This topic is 3270 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi Folks,

Im working on a quotation system for a manufacturing company .. Currently they receive drawings in both electronic and paper format .. these may have typed or hand written instructions on them regarding the bill of quantities which engineers would then read & type into the filemaker database creating the required quote for the customer.

The manufacturing company would like it if there was some OCR/ICR facility to scan these documents and then automatically populate the filemaker database quote with the scanned details?

Im not sure if there is a good enough OCR/ICR solution out there but I was just wondering if anyone on here has done this type of thing before or if there was a plugin etc.. and how successful it was?

Any info would be greatly appreciated folks !!

Thanks

Dermot

I would guess (guess because im far from an expert on OCR) that capturing hand written notes from a document and translating them to a quoting system accurately would be nearly impossible given the variations on how two people might write things up differently

Have you tried searching the web?

If not, I remember that there used to be some handwriting to text programs out there, however I’m not sure how accurate they are, because I’ve  never used them.

I did this search in Google using the keywords of handwriting to text and got several hits.

HTH

Lee

This topic is 3270 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.