Setting up FMEasyWeb | Questions

This topic is 2876 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi there. Glad to get into FMEasyWeb and do some testing.

Thanks Tim, for this contribution!

Uploaded database and PHP files the servers (FMS and Webserver). However, I have renamed the including folder to 'FileMaker_PHP_Code'.

Using link to web server as: http://<webserver_IP>/<path>/FileMaker_PHP_Code/index.php

Question:

In the settings.php file, what to enter at 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxx' (see below) and what format?

I tried the FMServer ip address, but it did not work as expected.

// ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    // DATABASE-RELATED SETTINGS
    // ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

// The database's address (hostspec).
        define ( 'FM_HOSTSPEC', 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxx' );

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi Tim,

Thanks for making such awesome products and sharing them with the filemaker community.

I installed FMEasyWeb and when trying to open I get this error in the php debugger. I changed the PHP Code folder name to fmeasyweb

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mcrypt_get_iv_size() in /Library/FileMaker Server/HTTPServer/htdocs/fmeasyweb/core/encryption-load.php on line 46

Am I just missing that library or is it something else.

Thanks,

Brian

Thanks Tim,

Sorry, I had edited my prior post not realizing you had already responded.

My problem was that I used the IP address for the filemaker server not the webserver.

After opening the admin-console I could see the address of the web server was different.

• Newbies

Thanks Tim,

I installed FMEasyWeb and when trying to open I get this error in the php debugger. I changed the PHP Code folder name to fmeasyweb

PHP Notice:  Undefined index: fm_account_name in C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\HTTPServer\conf\fmeasyweb\core\database-connect.php on line 35
PHP Notice:  Undefined index: fm_account_name in C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\HTTPServer\conf\fmeasyweb\core\database-connect.php on line 41
PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant FMEW_Application_Type - assumed 'FMEW_Application_Type' in C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\HTTPServer\conf\fmeasyweb\core\layout-load.php on line 25
PHP Strict Standards:  Non-static method FileMaker::isError() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\HTTPServer\conf\fmeasyweb\libraries\FileMaker\FileMaker\Implementation\FileMakerImpl.php on line 204
PHP Strict Standards:  Non-static method FileMaker::isError() should not be called statically in C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\HTTPServer\conf\fmeasyweb\core\layout-load.php on line 45
PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: customizations in C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\HTTPServer\conf\fmeasyweb\core\error-display.php on line 25
PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: customizations in C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\HTTPServer\conf\fmeasyweb\core\error-display.php on line 57
PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: customizations in C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\HTTPServer\conf\fmeasyweb\core\page-display.php on line 26
PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant EW_HTML_LANG - assumed 'EW_HTML_LANG' in C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\HTTPServer\conf\fmeasyweb\themes\EasyWeb Enlightened\page-template.php on line 21
PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: customizations in C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\HTTPServer\conf\fmeasyweb\core\page-display.php on line 46
PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: customizations in C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\HTTPServer\conf\fmeasyweb\core\page-display.php on line 60

please tell me, what's the problem?

I'm the beginner of the fms , the fm database is uploaded .

Edited by nopainsnogains

I too am getting the same result as above. Running FMS13 and PHP Version 5.3.27. I have renamed the folder to "fmeasyweb" and defined the the FM_HOSTSPEC as 127.0.0.1, localhost, and using the external ip address with the same results. On my FMS I do see that the fmEasyWeb user does connect and show as a client from ip address [::1] while the window is open and not connected when the browser window is closed.

When connecting locally:

PHP Notice:  Undefined index: fm_account_name in C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\HTTPServer\conf\fmeasyweb\core\database-connect.php on line 35
PHP Notice:  Undefined index: fm_account_name in C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\HTTPServer\conf\fmeasyweb\core\database-connect.php on line 41
PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant FMEW_Application_Type - assumed 'FMEW_Application_Type' in C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\HTTPServer\conf\fmeasyweb\core\layout-load.php on line 25
PHP Notice:  Undefined index: get-records-script in C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\HTTPServer\conf\fmeasyweb\list\list-records-get.php on line 8
PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: cell_styles in C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\HTTPServer\conf\fmeasyweb\list\list-display-table-record-row.php on line 36
PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: field_id in C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\HTTPServer\conf\fmeasyweb\list\list-display-table-container.php on line 34
PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: cell_styles in C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\HTTPServer\conf\fmeasyweb\list\list-display-table-record-row.php on line 36
PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: field_id in C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\HTTPServer\conf\fmeasyweb\list\list-display-table-container.php on line 34
PHP Notice:  Undefined index: page-pre-render-php in C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\HTTPServer\conf\fmeasyweb\core\page-display.php on line 26
PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant EW_HTML_LANG - assumed 'EW_HTML_LANG' in C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\HTTPServer\conf\fmeasyweb\themes\EasyWeb Enlightened\page-template.php on line 21
PHP Notice:  Undefined index: page-post-render-php in C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\HTTPServer\conf\fmeasyweb\core\page-display.php on line 46
PHP Notice:  Undefined index: page-post-display-php in C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\HTTPServer\conf\fmeasyweb\core\page-display.php on line 60

When connecting to the database externally I get the following:

The page cannot be displayed because an internal server error has occurred.

Edited by heelersevenge

• Newbies

I get the same error as brnmoore: Fatal error: Call to undefined function mcrypt_get_iv_size() in /var/www/vhosts/1world.ch/httpdocs/fmeasyweb/core/encryption-load.php on line 46

My php version is 5.4.36, and I'm running FMEasy Web in renamed sub directory. Did you solve the issue?

Thanks for the great job (I followed your webinar)

J

Edited by Juergen

Hi everyone.

From what I can tell, the reason that some of you are seeing the PHP warnings (for things such as undefined variables) is that your PHP configurations are set to "strict" mode. You can hide the warnings by adding this line to the index.php file (in the EasyWeb root folder):

// Disable all error reporting.
    error_reporting(0);

Place that after the header comments, just before the "// Initialize EasyWeb" comment. That should suppress the warnings.

Those of you who are getting the "Call to undefined function mcrypt_get_iv_size()" error, the problem seems to be that your PHP builds are missing an encryption linbrary. For reference: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/27633584/php-fatal-error-call-to-undefined-function-mcrypt-get-iv-size-in-appserv 

~ Tim

Glad you got it working.

To customize EasyWeb, poke around in the "customizations-form.php" and "customizations-list.php" files. Try uncommenting out some of the things that I've disabled, and see what the impact is on the pages that are generated.

And, of course, you can experiment with the CSS / themes - either create your own or modify the existing themes. You have control over how things appear (fonts, styles, colors, border, etc).

Have fun!

~ Tim

I really happy to use FMEasyWeb as an introduction to custom web programming. Thanks Tim.

(short ask: how to default to form view)

I would like to mask the recordID number and instead use a uuid.  I want to send emails showing a voters public voter profile and provide a link so they can land on their form page, while this is public information I prefer they do not see other voters records.  So I added a uuid as the script parameter in customizations-list.php It seems to work perfectly so I then I wanted to do this for the form view but I can not get it always defaults to list view.

Can you suggest a simple approach?  Thanks

• Like 1

You could modify the index.php file so that it always includes the "form.php" file, using something like this:

if ( isset ( $_GET [ 'recordID' ] ) ) or TRUE {...

You would also need to modify the "/form/form-record-get.php" file so that, instead of retrieving a record by its ID, it did a find based on the UUID value instead.

That should do it.

~ Tim

Well I tried, but was unable to get the modifications working, I changed the index.php file adding or TRUE

However, I don't know how to modify the /form/form-record-get.php file use uuid value.

The url Im using is like (edited) https://.com/easyweb/index.php?uuid=C36FA0BA-1BB0-EB48-99FB-EEBB6E504D0C

The field added to the filemaker database is named uuid

The original script follows, (I tried simply changing recordID to uuid to no avail), I don't think I'm actually understanding how it works.  Also, I thought maybe core/layout-load.php might need to be modified as well?   Update, modifying this DID do the trick (changed recordID to uuid), sorry for the confusion. 

/form/form-record-get.php

<?php

// Get the record that was requested. 
    $fm_result_get_record = $fm -> getRecordByID ( FMEW_Form_Layout, $_GET [ 'recordID' ] );

// If an error was thrown...
    if ( FileMaker::isError( $fm_result_get_record ) ) {    

// Display the error and die.
        $error_code = $fm_result_get_record -> code;
        $error_description = $fm_result_get_record -> message;
        require_once ( dirname(__FILE__) . '../core/error-display.php' );                

}    

// Grab the record.
    $display_record = $fm_result_get_record;

?>

Any more advice? Thanks.

Edited by ShadowVote
correction/clarify

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Looks like this post is no longer updated as Tim has left filemaker.. However, should anybody have an idea or assistance to give, I will be very glad.

I have read through about Fmeasyweb, but since I am not a programmer or web developer, I am getting confused implementing this.

Can FmeasyWeb be implemented on a wordpress site? If yes, how can this be done? Thanks

Sorry I cannot be of help, shevy.  I explored using PHP programming as a possibility, but in the end I gave up.  It's unfortunate.

• Like 1

This topic is 2876 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.