Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Server to Server Schedule

This topic is 2833 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi Jesse for one project I am getting specs on I am thinking of having custom server to server sync using their API's  however the only option in MS is to have it run on a loop, in seconds can that number be set high enough to trigger once a day?

Or is there or will there be a way to 'schedule' syncs M-F only because the service that were getting data from is Central time and at some point in the day they go offline as they do an EOD backup and an EOW backup and an EOM backup to alternate servers.

Thanks.

You have two options here:

1) Set the frequency to 86400, which means once a day. That will work, although it will continuously fire based on the time you made this change. If you want it to happen at 10pm, you actually need to make the change at 10pm. I already have a feature request to make this programmable, but I couldn't cram it into MS 3.

2) Use the ability to trigger syncs from FileMaker, or from a URL, and trigger the sync from something outside of MirrorSync. For instance, you could set up a scheduled script on FileMaker Server to call the MirrorSync script, which should then trigger that to run on the MirrorSync server.

Good to know - didn't want to hit their API too often or when it was offline and then get unexpected errors.

I'll send you the API list back channel hopefully MS can replace my current process of using BaseElements with requests to get the results. Then have to still write out files and import files (update matching)  one table I have to import adding as new as it is gathering aging information. 

Screen Shot 2016-07-29 at 2.11.00 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-07-29 at 2.12.46 PM.png

This topic is 2833 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.