MSPJ

Version 16 improvements that survive the runtime?

MSPJ    1

Hi - I'm considering upgrading from FMP 14 to FMP 16.  However, my solution depends on a distributed runtime for a commercial solution.  It appears that API improvements are not available in the runtime.  I'm wondering if the window control (cards) and overall windows interface are at least available in the runtime - otherwise, there doesn't seem to be much point in upgrading for me.

Thanks,

Michael 

The SDI windows work in 16 runtime.

JSON functions are technical included in the runtime, but disabled, so you can't use them.

On the long run you may want to upgrade users to SBA or FLT.

Wim Decorte    446

You may consider at least getting FM16 and getting familiar with all the features; because at some point you'll have to switch strategies and when you must, that would be a particularly bad time to have to catch up on what there is...

MSPJ    1

Thanks for the replies.  Not sure what you meant about having to switch strategies eventually - I assume you mean the deprecated runtime?  If so, I'm assuming I'll eventually have to move away from FMP altogether (Xojo is in the running) since any solution that requires users to have their own FM license is not an option.  (We've discussed this a while back - I know your thoughts Wim.   :)   ). 

RIght now, while I'm still using FMP, I'm trying to determine what I'll get out of an upgrade to 16.  

Posted (edited)

Made runtime with fm 16 advanced when running pdf output script getting following error  - some one please guide me doesnt the runtime support pdf output Ashampoo_Snap_2017_05.24_08h46m23s_001_.png.77f2a30ab4ab727618a56394afd54210.png

Edited by Dr.Gopala krishnam raju AMBATI
error

comment    1,371
6 hours ago, Dr.Gopala krishnam raju AMBATI said:

doesnt the runtime support pdf output 

Read the link in my post above.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Who Viewed the Topic

2 members have viewed this topic:
    amallison  docasar 
  • Similar Content

• By pomilpetan
      Good morning everyone I created a database runtime solution with FileMaker Pro 15 advanced. The program must export the contents of a form in PDF format. In a solution that runs under FileMaker I could use the command "Save as PDF" but this command does not work in a runtime solution. Could someone tell me how I could make this function? thank you so much.
    • By capsprojectos
      Hello,

I have more than 10k executable files, each EXE export data to a single table, inside of an unique MySQL.

I created a FM database to manage all data (ODBC), but I didn’t solve how to trigger a script from an external EXE, without looping for new data each minute.

Questions:
      #01: There is way to trigger a script in an open database, without looping ?

#02: Runtime solutions can be used with parameters?
      My best idea, at this time, is to create a runtime solution and a relationship, and call it from the EXE.  I do think is a "stupid idea" and there must be clever solutions out there.

Thanks for all

INFO: I am using windows 10 | FM Pro 15
    • By mattp52
      I am creating a run-time from two linked solution files but cannot get a working solution which references the linked file correctly. When I create the run-time if I attempt to add the linked file to the Solution Files list I get an error message that the file is either open or already linked to the primary solution file.
      Of course if I leave it out and create the runtime anyway, when I open the generated run-time I get an error that the linked file cannot be found.
      How do I get around this circular issue and why on earth won't FM let me include linked files in the Solutions list when generating the runtime?
      Thanks
    • By mattp52
      Turning to the forum for assistance on this as neither the built-in documentation and external sources seem to provide a working solution to this problem.
      Can anyone point me to a clear process for re-linking an external file source (data file)  where the solution has previously been saved with the external data source reference removed?
      I am making a cut-down copy of a production database from copies of a two-file linked solution. Despite repeated attempts to specify the files as linked to each other under Manage> External Data Sources the external data source is not found.
      Advice I Googled suggested going into Manage>Database>Tables and looking for italicised tables with "Data Source Missing" messages and that they could be re-linked from there. This is not the case, the interface file does not list external tables in the tables tab (and doesn't on the original working solution either). The Relationship Graph does show tables from the linked solution and has marked them as "Data Source Missing".
      Surely there is a straightforward way to re-link a file with foreign TO references with the external file that defines them? I've tried re-linking to the file multiple times under Manage > External Data Sources but it has no effect.
      Thanks in advance for any help.
    • By MonkeybreadSoftware
      Nickenich, Germany - (January 28th, 2016) -- MonkeyBread Software today is pleased to announce MBS FileMaker Plugin 6.0 for Mac OS X or Windows, the latest update to their product that is easily the most powerful plugin currently available for FileMaker Pro. As the leading database management solution for Windows, Mac, and the web, the FileMaker Pro Integrated Development Environment supports a plugin architecture that can easily extend the feature set of the application. MBS FileMaker Plugin 6.0 has been updated and now includes over 3500 different functions, and the versatile plugin has gained more new functions:

With the new version we got a couple of new DynaPDF functions. One is the new optimize commandto rebuild and repair PDF files. You can do that before archiving PDFs or before creating a PDF/A file. If you need to embed XML for your invoice PDFs, please check the ZUGFeRD examples. If you need to extract text from a PDF, you can now decide between DynaPDF.ExtractTextfor the whole document or DynaPDF.ExtractPageText for individual pages.

Our JSON functions got a major update. We know can pass JSON around as both text and IDs. Using IDs can reduce the work the plugin does with parsing and speed up the process a lot. Please check the new functions JSON.Parse, JSON.CreateArrayRef and JSON.CreateObjectRef to create references and work with them.

Do you have a LDAP server or one for Active Directory? We have new functions to query LDAP server. You can perform a search and get back results. You can add, modify, delete and rename entries.

If you need to loopup an IPv4 or IPv6 for a domain name, you can use our new DNSLookup functions. The reverse way is possible by looking up domain name for an IP.

For handling zip archives we got two new convenience functions: UnZipFile.ExtractFiles expands all files from an open archive while ZipFile.CompressFiles adds files to an archive. If you need more control, we still have individual functions for the tasks.

If you are unfamiliar with SQL, but you like to use powerful commands in FileMaker, please check our new Insert/Update/Delete commands. FM.UpdateRecord lets you update a record without switching layout. With FM.InsertOrUpdateRecord the plugin either updates an existing record or inserts a new one. And with FM.DeleteRecordyou can delete a record without a relationship or changing layout. And those functions are available for multiple records, too.

For the FileMaker development, we got a new contextual menu entry for most list controls in FileMaker. Copy the list of fields or tables as text. Our Syntax Coloring feature is now off by default and turns on when you open script editor. This way regular users don't run into it.

We added html functions for clipboard, better hash, more FSEvents and path, new preferences and window, better listmatching and PDFKit functions.

Finally we updated DynaPDF to version 3.0.48.143, libXL to version 3.6.5.2, openssl to version 1.0.2e, SQLAPI++ to version 4.1.7 and SQLite to version 3.10.2

See release notes for a complete list of changes.

More details in the release notes. Please take the time to check our 350 example databases and check where you can use our plugin features in your solutions.

System Requirements:
      * Mac OS X 10.6 or later, including OS X 10.11
      * Windows XP and newer, including Windows 10
      * FileMaker Pro 9 to 14

Pricing and Availability:
      MBS FileMaker Plugin 6.0 for Mac OS X or Windows is available directly from the MonkeyBread website with licenses starting at just $149 (USD). Not all functions are available in both versions - check specifications. A free trial download is also available.

Monkeybread Software: http://www.monkeybreadsoftware.de/
      MBS FileMaker Plugin Website: http://www.monkeybreadsoftware.de/FileMaker/
      Function Reference: http://www.mbsplugins.eu/
      Download Free Trial: http://www.monkeybreadsoftware.de/FileMaker/download.shtml
      App Logo: http://www.monkeybreadsoftware.de/images/MBSLogo.jpg
      Release notes: http://www.monkeybreadsoftware.de/filemaker/releasenotes.shtml

Located in beautiful Nickenich, Germany, MonkeyBread Software is a privately held company founded in 2000 by Christian Schmitz. MonkeyBread Software focuses on the Macintosh, Linux and Windows platforms. With over fifteen years as a software developer, Christian's aim is developing unique and useful utilities, complemented by first-class customer support.

Copyright 2000-2016 Christian Schmitz Software GmbH. MonkeyBread Software is a registered trademark of Christian Schmitz, Nickenich. All Rights Reserved. Apple, and the Apple logo are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries. FileMaker Pro and FileMaker are trademarks of FileMaker, Inc. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.

Greetings 
      Christian Schmitz 
      Monkeybread Software

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.