Version 16 improvements that survive the runtime?

MSPJ

This topic is 2522 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi - I'm considering upgrading from FMP 14 to FMP 16.  However, my solution depends on a distributed runtime for a commercial solution.  It appears that API improvements are not available in the runtime.  I'm wondering if the window control (cards) and overall windows interface are at least available in the runtime - otherwise, there doesn't seem to be much point in upgrading for me.

Thanks,

Michael 

You may consider at least getting FM16 and getting familiar with all the features; because at some point you'll have to switch strategies and when you must, that would be a particularly bad time to have to catch up on what there is...

Thanks for the replies.  Not sure what you meant about having to switch strategies eventually - I assume you mean the deprecated runtime?  If so, I'm assuming I'll eventually have to move away from FMP altogether (Xojo is in the running) since any solution that requires users to have their own FM license is not an option.  (We've discussed this a while back - I know your thoughts Wim.   :)   ). 

RIght now, while I'm still using FMP, I'm trying to determine what I'll get out of an upgrade to 16.  

This topic is 2522 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.