Adjustable Size Layout

CKonash

This topic is 2497 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a fire department incident report layout which has a portal on it to capture pictures of an incident.  After the photo is taken you see a thumbnail of it on the incident report portal. 

I have a separate layout with mostly the same info which is used to print the incident report if needed.  I an wondering how to attach those photos to that "print" layout if there are photos taken at the scene but not have lots of blank pages with empty container fields if there were no photos taken?

Thanks

Chris Konash

you can use sliding objects on the layout and things will slide up when blank or you can use the hide object when and hide the field when it is empty so that only content will print.

Thanks everyone!  I have never been able to figure out how to do that, I am definitely not an expert.  I am going to play around with this and see what I can figure out.  

Thanks again for your time!. 

Chris

Ok.  Thanks Lee.  The file I'm working to implement this in is a hosted file and i think is around 3Gb in size right now.  I'll definitely remember that though. 

Hi Chris,

For containers to slide,  you must set the the slide properties AND set its alignment to up (or left as needed).  Please view these two settings in the attached screenshot.  Also note that ALL OBJECTS within the part you want to slide ( in this case the body ) must have the sliding set, including text objects or lines.

container.thumb.png.257adf5dfca749c3d7c9115946c0c564.png

Also note that sliding only works in Preview mode.

Edited by LaRetta

This topic is 2497 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.