Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Handling Audio in Containers

This topic is 2475 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Seems like FM16 (both fat clients and Go clients) are unable to handle container audio content that has been inserted with the "Insert Audio/Video" script step.  Previously in FM15 I was able to get create interactive audio containers that would give me the playback controls on data that was inserted with the "Insert Audio/Video" script step but now, the player controls are present but the audio no longer plays (no error in the fat clients - just click play and the play bar blinks to the end of the line and nothing).  Go clients are the same.  I can tap the container and be prompted for playback but it errors out with "Cannot access the media".  I can export the container and get a valid sound file back from it so the data seems solid.

If I attach a sound clip (WAV format) in the container as a regular binary file, Go can play it back and I can script an export and send event to launch the sound in the system sound app but I can't get the internal FM player to play "embedded" sound content any longer.

Has anyone else seen this?  Is it a known bug?  I am at v2 on FM16 fat client and Go client.

Thanks

1 hour ago, Hijack said:

I am at v2 on FM16 fat client and Go client.

Hi Hijak,

In the recent upgrade of our forum software, we lost the Profile for you. Please update your profile Information to reflect your current version of FileMaker, OS and Platform.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but I thank you for your cooperation.

Lee

This topic is 2475 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.