Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Flagging records for later retrieval

This topic is 2390 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello all - I think this is more complex than it seems.

I have a table of rooms with variations criteria to describe it. Actually it is a lot of rooms (a university). I would like the user to be able to save a suite of rooms ideally with a flag field so a further search is by the flag only. This found set would be a "project" where the data can be analysed. Where it is getting difficult is the ability to have multiple projects, each with a Name for reference and reporting. Ideally I would like a portal which shows the full list of projects projects - say up to 10 options and a check box which acts as the search flag. My thoughts are I need three tables - ROOM Table>>>{=room ID=}>>>Flag table (used for searches) and a Name table

For support I have added a file

flagged rooms.fmp12

You need three tables if you want a proper many-to-many relationship between Projects and Rooms. But then the third table needs to be a join table between the other two:

rg.png.a20fc11ed7eeecfe79553be628364ebe.png

If you just want a quick way to assign rooms to a project - with no ability to records anything about a specific assignment and limited reporting capabilities - you can settle for just two tables:

rgg.png.36a791554d315597ab570e31aac348bf.png

where Projects::RoomIDs would be a checkbox using values from Rooms:RooomID. 

If you want to show the projects in a portal (why would you?), that would be a separate issue that has nothing to do with the above.

• 2 months later...

This topic is 2390 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.