Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Converting KB,MB,GB to readable numbers

This topic is 2353 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

In my DB I have a text file which tells me the size of audio and video clips as such 

927 KB or 1020 KB

and

27.5 MB or 15.26 MB

and 

2.01 GB or 11,3 GB

I used the following suggestion from this forum:

Mediasize::MediaSize * If ( PatternCount ( Convert Mediasize::MediaSize ; "GB" ) ; 1024 ; 1 )

but while it works fine with GB it doesnt work with MB or KB

Instead of doing a script a did a calculation as such

Case ( PatternCount ( Convert Mediasize::MediaSize ; "GB" ) ; Convert Mediasize::MediaSize* 1024; PatternCount ( Convert Mediasize::MediaSize ; "KB" ) ;  Left ( Convert Mediasize::MediaSize ; Length ( Convert Mediasize::MediaSize )  - 3) /1024^2  ; PatternCount ( Convert Mediasize::MediaSize ; "MB" ) ; "0,00" &  Substitute ( Left ( Convert Mediasize::MediaSize ; Length ( Convert Mediasize::MediaSize )  - 3) ; "." ; "" ) )

I used the Substitute function as in my country we use commas for decimals

however while the calculation works I get really large numbers for KB files and MB files

Is there a different way to calculate the text files to get regular number with perhaps a maximum of 3 decimals?

I could use it as a script or as a calculation defining the field

Thanks a lot and regards

Thanks for your interes and time. But .... How do I add it as a custom function to my FMPADV 13?

If I use it as a calculation or script FMP tells me it cannot find various fields and I am totally lost

Thanks again 

Thanks for your interest however even following step by step I am unable to create the external function

After I paste in New external function the code FMPADV 13 tells me I need to enter the function for:

Floor ( Ln ( bytes ) / Ln ( _ratio ) ) 

It selects the word bytes and I am unable to continue as I am not skilled enough to do it 

Even if some kind person will help to find the "bytes" I am afraid I will run into some similar or different tasks which I won't know how to solve.

Thanks however

Dan

Edited by dkey

While you're editing the custom function, you need to set what the parameters are before the calculation will recognize the "bytes" and "precision" tokens, which would be undefined otherwise.

Screen Shot 2017-11-16 at 09.35.31.png

This topic is 2353 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.