Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Fuzzy Find Product for FileMaker. Saw demo-ed at POE. Can't remember name/developer. (Approximate String Matching)

This topic is 2032 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I could write one myself but depending on pricing, might be easier to just buy it off the shelf. My google-fu is weak and I can't find it. Anyone recall what I'm talking about. It was maybe a plug-in, maybe just a product definitely for FileMaker-specific. Did cross-table searches FAST in a pop-up window as well as approximate string matching (fuzzy find). So I could type in John and get results for Jon, etc. Don't remember much else.

I'll be very impressed with anyone who can answer this based on the limited amount I included. That is all.

I think this was the description of the session:

Fun with FM Search Results 

I am going to show a few ways that I have Use FMSR to do things like search for duplicates while a record is being made as well as using it for value lists and the like.

Host: Oreste Schiavone 

but I can't find a product called FM Search Results anywhere.

Hi Josh,

The link for the Demo takes me to Seedcode, but no file exist in their products list.

i had the file in a folder for Clickware.com, but their site seems inactive, and I have the author as Matt Navarre.

Lee

Correct. Matt Navarre, of App.works ( formerly MSN Media ). He sold fmSearchResults through SeedCode. ( the same way David Ramsey made FMPerception, but is sold through Geist Interactive ).

fmSearchResults is no longer available for purchase publicly. What I don't know is if you contact App.works, if they can or are willing to provide it any longer.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This topic is 2032 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.