Server Maintenance This Week. ×

how to get a list of group names in PCAB Demo File

This topic is 1840 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have attempted to use the function getlistofvalues to get the contacts layout to list the groups that contact belongs to. Does anyone know how i might achieve this quickly without a deep dive into the relationship graph?

thanks so much

Hi Limore,

The PCAB_GetListOfValues function requires three parameters: the record type, an indicator of getting either groups or members, and the field to retrieve. In your case, you would use the function call "PCAB_GetListOfValues( "Person" ; "Groups" ; "Name" )", which should return the list of groups names that the person belongs to. Keep in mind that you need to make sure to open the contact record before accessing the list.

I hope this helps!

- Chris Turner

I tried setting a field  on the contacts table to a calc field named group as a calculation using the above function and parameters and evaluating the calc from the contacts table and it comes in empty. This is what I had been doing without it producing results. I am not sure why the function produces no results. Again this is using the supplied database that comes in the disk image with the addressbook manipulator plug in.

Thanks for your help Chris. Unfortunately the function is not behaving correctly according to the documentation. I am sure that there is an explanation, I just don't know what it is.

LImore

This topic is 1840 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.