Server Maintenance This Week. ×

This topic is 1815 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi, I need to enter into a certain field, certain data - primary key data from my pdf table.

The only issue is, is that someone is on the record on another table were I need to enter this data and as the script step through this step ( set field ... ) I get an error "Record being used".

This primary key value from the pdf table must write to this field ( fk_pdf_ID ) on this other table ... is there anyway I can either force commit the record the user is on if I see the error ( record being used ) so the script can enter the data, or force write this data into this fields on this record that is being used by someother user but in the background without commiting the record this user is on??

Any insight would be grateful.

Thank you.

Mr. Ignoramous

Nope. If you were able to change data in the same record another user is currently editing, your data would be over written with the other user's data once they commit. They hold a copy of the record in memory and will over write any changes you made (if it were possible). Luckily, FM prevents this from happening. You do not want multiple users editing the same record.

The best approach is to store the id's of records that are locked and revisit them later. Or store them and retry at the end of the run.

This topic is 1815 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.