Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Mirror Sync Error - Can't Generate Links

This topic is 1791 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Server was running fine however MS starting performing very badly taking forever to download clones Temp Folders were 5-GB or more 

Took the opportunity to upgrade to FMS18 and un installed and reinstalled MS imported the configs and now this error:

Screen Shot 2019-05-31 at 11.57.19 PM.png

Need to get this back on line Sunday Evening for the field inspectors.

Screen Shot 2019-06-01 at 12.15.17 AM.png

When walking thru the config right after the selection of layouts it fails here.

what a wonderful weekend...

had to get the hosting provider involved to do these upgrades/downgrades to vm.

• uninstalled / reinstalled MS 10+ times 
  • had to purge 20gb of MS temp files
  • upgraded from 17 to 18
  • downgraded 18 to 17
  • redeployed new fresh VM
  • tried on 18
  • tried on 17

Each and every time getting the same errors as above.

• for giggles - logged in to RDC on server and tired the MS console locally and was able to edit the configurations and generate links no problem
  • files downloaded and syncs performed as they should
  • upgraded back to 18 links and local connect to MS work

Conclusion:

Java 8u211 on Mojave is incompatible with MirrorSync 5

Further:

Each time we requested a new clone using the link the server took forever to generate a clone - i think because it was trying to make backup first before it made a clone - on server we had the checkbox enabled to include remote containers in the backup - 

We have since disabled that on the server had had to configure server side r-sync of the container data to the Wasabi backup so that the containers are backed as well as the databases.

Hello,

I responded to your ticket submission(HD-77218) and requested that you submit a new log file as that one was from Saturday, and you may be experiencing different errors since that submission.

Server-side initial syncs pause the hosted db to generate a copy/backup to sync before uploading to the client device. If the database has externally-stored container fields, MirrorSync will copy those and compress those files along with the database into a zip. If you want to sync on an iPad, we recommend you create a self-contained copy---which will embed the container info in the database---and have your users download that to their device.(http://docs.360works.com/index.php/MirrorSync_5_advanced_topics#Does_MirrorSync_sync_external_container_fields.3F) This is because iPads/FMGo cannot store container data externally.

This being the case, running a server-side initial sync should fail if executed from an iPad if your database contains externally-stored containers. MirrorSync does not know what type of device to which it is sending the offline file, and assumes it can send a zip file, which iPads cannot process without some 3rd party software.

The error you're reporting is usually associated with problems with the sync data, possibly corruption. Did you create the configuration in MirrorSync 5, or was it created from an older MirrorSync version? If the latter, you'll need to step through the configuration to make sure all the required settings are implemented. This may be a good thing to do anyway.

If the sync data has corruption, you'll need to run a sync data repair or reset. If your configuration is using Developer-managed keys, then you may be able to run a sync repair. To do this, open the config client, right-click on the sync configuration, then select Repair Sync Data in the context menu. If that doesn't work, you'll need to reset the sync data(another option in the same context menu as Repair Sync Data) and redistribute offline copies to your users. If your sync configuration is set for MirrorSync-managed keys, you'll have to reset the sync data and redistribute offline copies.

There are no log files at this stage as I mentioned I had un-installed reinstalled MS several times and completely rebuilt the VM.

The current errors in the first post can be seen by launching the console on Mojave using Java 8u211 when doing this is where the the error occurs, actually never communicating with the server.

We are NOT using server side initial sync we are downloading a clone and doing all initial syncs client side. All tables for PDFs/ images are always a one way sync spoke to hub so on initial sync we don't download PDFs or images out to the spoke.

Hello,

Sorry for the delay in reply. I was able to reproduce your error with MirrorSync 5.0 on Mojave running Java 8u211. When we encounter UnmarshalExceptions, the solution is usually to clear the Java cache. You can do this by going to System Preferences, opening the Java control panel, clicking the Settings... button under Temporary Internet Files, clicking the Delete Files... button, select "Trace and Log Files" and "Cached Applications and Applets", then click OK to delete those files. I then downloaded a new Config Client for good measure, and I was able to step through to the page where you input your FMS creds for the dbDownload update option. Once I stepped through this page, I got an error saying my database was damaged and to run a recover on it. The database was actually fine. The issue was with the web publishing engine. I restarted that and was able to complete my configuration, so make sure to run 'fmsadmin restart wpe -y' in terminal on the machine where FMS is installed.

Try those steps and let me know how that works for you.

• Thanks 1

I was able to finally Edit Configs and Grab new Links - it appears it was client side badly cached data. - It was odd that it was not purged when I removed and reinstalled Java from my machine, and that it happened to have the same bad cache on two separate Macs running Mojave.

This topic is 1791 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.