Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Report - Making the invoice lines in date order

This topic is 1502 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi

When you go into the invoice tab and select print it generates a report for that invoice. I am trying to make it so that it displays then in date order. I can of course make it display in date order in the portal but that doesn't affect the report. which is a problem if I forget something on a certain date and want to add it in, it will display it at the end of the invoice lines. 

I tried adding in a sub summary part by Qdate worked but it will not display. I made it red to see if it displayed anything, but it will only display items in the body. 

I tried adding in art in the script but again it didn't seem to do anything. 

If anyone can help I would be truly grateful, I have spend 3 days trying all sorts to make it work. 

There is no username or password. I am using V18 on a Mac.

Thanks in advance

Sarah

Invoice_database_copy.fmp12

What is the expected result as your script and TO's seem to be far too complicated to figure it out intuitively.

If you leave the sub-summary part out, and just sort the invoice by INVOICE_LINEITEMS::QDate Worked, doesn't that give you want you want?  You can take it out of Preview mode, sort properly, then back to preview mode.

pic1.png

Hi 

I removed the sub summary as yes agree that does nothing. 

The script is what came with the FM start point 17 template. I just wanted to use rates paid rather then items. that might be why the script  might seem to complicated for it?

I see what you mean by the taking it out of preview mode sort then back into preview mode, but I was hoping to avoid adding in extra steps, esp as the person who will be generating the invoices is not the best at lots of steps, so was trying to make the process as simple as possible. 

if I add it into the script, can it take it out of preview sort then add it back in, s that something that is possible to code in scripts. I am still new to al this, so please excuse my questions and lack of experience.

Really appreciated your help so far.!!

Thanks

Sarah 

You may want to post your question in the FM Starting Point thread, or ask a Mod to move it there.

They are very helpful.  And because they created it, would probably be able to help you the fastest/easiest.

Edited by Steve Martino

• 1 month later...

Sarah,

You can use the following commands to help you sort the records:

On line 51 add the following line: 

1.) "Sort Records"

2.) Change the "With Dialogue" to "Off"

3.) Click the gear icon and select "Specify"

4.) Make sure the table selected at the top is "INVOICE_LINE_ITEM"

5.) Select the "QDate Worked" field

If you still have some questions, or if there is anything else we can help you with, please email us at [email protected].

That should take care of it.

Thanks,

Jonathan Hogle

Edited by Jonathan Hogle

This topic is 1502 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.