Help and Advice Wanted Please

This topic is 1494 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Can anyone advise to put me in the right direction. I will try to explain what I am trying to do.

I have attached a screenshot of a projects i'm trying to build as you can see from the image attached I have buttons they are in rows red gold yellow blue ect.

if I choose the row morphology I would need to choose one of the option in the top row and so on until I reach the bottom.

Each row I have created a table and a field I am trying to get it so that when I click on the buttons data will be entered into the field IE: if I do The Morphology Row the data entered on what button I have chosen.

How would I go about this I am a bit new to this any help would be much appreciated.

Thank You

Screenshot 2020-03-15 at 18.45.12.png

Thank you Fitch that's what I was thinking but I want sure that when I do the set field option should I have the script to place a if statement if another button should be pressed I am not sure how to go about it with the script ??.

So when I choose morphology there are 7 options if I set a each button with set field I will have 7 scripts I hoping I can do this with 1 script each option from the left, but I don't know how I would wright the script.

Thank you again for replying to my question.

It is very difficult to understand what this is about. If I am guessing (!) correctly, then each button needs to populate a variable with a certain value - for example, the first button in the Morphology row would do:

Set Variable [ $$morphology ; Value: "Curly Silky" ]

This is a single-step action and there is no need to have a script for this. In the end, you should have 9 populated variables (one for each row of buttons) and a script that creates a new record and populates 9 fields with the values selected by the user (and clears the variables, I would presume).

Again, this is no more than a wild guess. If I am correct, you might want to spend some effort to highlight the selected buttons. This could be done using conditional formatting, or - preferably, IMHO - by making each row of buttons a button bar and turning the selected button into active segment.

Edited by comment

You can have each button specify a script parameter, and then your script can use the Get(ScriptParameter) function, so you could do it with one script no problem. As @comment noted if it's just one line then you don't necessarily need a script. But maybe there's more to it. I'm still not clear. Are you trying to compile each bit of text into a single field? What do you want it to look like? An example might help.

Hello Thank you for the information sorry its taken so long to reply back I had family commitments.

I will be trying each one out I know the set variable but I don't know how to do the script parameter?

I will try and get a small example file together tomorrow.

I hope you don't mind.

Kind Regards.

This topic is 1494 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.