QuickBooks Developer-static.inuit.com links to SDK fail to connect

This topic is 1416 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Same problem. Productive Computing had, once upon a time, a downloadable version that you could open in your browser and it worked great. I can't find any reference to it on their web site now, nor remember the file's name to find it on my computer. Kinda stuck on some development work right now.

Hi Bruce, 

You have the correct link, but it looks like there is something wrong with the page itself. May be something going on on Intuits end.

Geoffrey's statement is correct. Although we would have to dig it up and it is most likely not the latest version. 

If we find anything out, we will keep you posted. 

-PCIPal

It looks like QuickBooks has redone their website. 

https://developer.intuit.com/app/developer/qbdesktop/docs/api-reference

This may be the new setup.. If so it is really hard to use after using the previous version.

For instance I just completed a script ( that works ) that pulls in Time tracking:   It starts with:

PCQB_RqNew("TimeTrackingQuery" ; ""  )

But on the setup they have it looks like they have it listed as "  |TimeTrackingQuery > "  I think the "|" is a seperator and should be ignored.  The ">" is a button to show details.

I did end up signing up for a developer account with them.  Didn't need one before this.

Bruce

Edited by Bruce Herbach

Just found the page Bruce linked and came here to share it. It may grow on  me, but first impression is not great.

If you find it, PCI Pal, please post a link. ( If you know the name of the downloaded file, please post that. )

Thanks!

Geoffrey Gerhard
Creative Solutions Incorporated
14000 Creekside Drive
Matthews, NC 28105

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Productive Computing updated the link to the original OSR in their documentation, but for anyone still looking for it...

https://static.developer.intuit.com/qbSDK-current/common/newosr/index.html

Long-time FMP/QB integrators will likely prefer the familiar views and behavior of the above link, but it's worth noting that the link Bruce posted above...

https://developer.intuit.com/app/developer/qbdesktop/docs/api-reference

...is a new version of the OR that puts the descriptive information about each Request, including context for how its behaviors equate to those found in the QB UI, front and center.

Both versions provide that information, and it appears that Intuit updated/expanded the info in the original OSR, but finding it in the old version remains unintuitive. I suspect newer integrators will prefer the new OSR page's design and presentation, where clicking on an Element name discloses the description of it directly below the Element name's link.

Those used to referencing the XMLOps tab may prefer the original OSR, which presents that information in a taller window that displays eight more lines and allow a wider window to display all relevant info without the need for the horizontal scroll bar that the  newer link requires.

HTH!

Geoffrey Gerhard
Creative Solutions Incorporated
14000 Creekside Drive
Matthews, NC 28105

Edited by Geoffrey Gerhard

This topic is 1416 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.