German Umlauts Container Field

This topic is 1392 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello everybody,

I have a problem with German Umlauts (ÄÖÜ,äöü) in the filename of PDF Files stored in a container field.

On an iPad I create PDF Files and store it in a container field. The filename is displayed correctly in that field "Jährliche Inspektion"
After syncing the displayed filename in the container field on the iPad is still correct.

But on Filemaker Pro (macOS) the displayed name of the file in the container field shows "Jährliche Inspektion".

I can do it vice versa. If I create the PDF in Filemaker Pro on the Mac, the filename is correct. After syncing the filename on the Mac is still correct, but on the iPad it is wrong.

Do you have an idea how to solve it?

Thank you,

Chris

Hi Chris, 

Can you send us your logs after reproducing the issue as well as a copy of a PDF with the correct spelling so I can try and reproduce the issue? If your MirrorSync instance runs on a Mac logs are found at:

/Library/360Works/Applications/logs

If it is on Windows logs will be at

C:\Program Files\360Works\Applications\logs

MirrorSync logs follow the naming convention <nameofMirrorSyncInstance>.<Timestamp>.log . If your instance is called the default "MirrorSync" then the logs for today will be called MirrorSync.2020-7-1.log. Send the logs and the PDF to [email protected] and reference this thread. 

This topic is 1392 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.