Button Bar Hover vrs. Active State

This topic is 1275 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Curious if there is a solution to this problem I'm having....

I would prefer to use a Button Bar over a standard Button. But, a Button Bar has an Active State that holds hierarchy over Hover State, which makes the Dial Up/Down Button in the attached sample file "appear" to not work correctly.

Is is possible to somehow override the Active State so Hover State works properly?

Thank you for any help!  😃

Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 10.58.53 AM.png

sample_button_bar.fmp12

9 minutes ago, Dr. Evil said:

a Button Bar has an Active State that holds hierarchy over Hover State

The simplest solution I was able to come up with is to define the active segment as "" and refresh the button bar object after each button click.

• Like 1

Comment... are you talking about adding a 3rd blank segment to the button bar? And also, how would I script defining this blank segment as active? Thank you very much for your help!

LaRetta... 🤩  fantastic to hear from you!!! So nice to run into you here, whats good, how ya been!?!    I read your message and was excited that it may be an easy fix, but I've tried to simply refresh object, and it is not working for me, maybe I've overlooked something? For sake of overly covering myself, I added a refresh object for every element of the button bar, still no luck.

Updated sample file with script attached.

Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 3.08.12 PM.png

sample_button_bar_02.fmp12

And here's your file

sample_button_barMOD.fmp12

added ... your latest script would probably work also but I think you can see how it works now (and only one refresh object[] needed).

By the way, I really like how you provide a sample file and clear explanation of your need for those assisting you.  It shows you respect the time of those who contribute here.  🙂

Edited by LaRetta
added comment

Ah, I failed to notice that "Specify" was an option, blindly was looking at None / segments. LOL, for a second there, I noticed that LaRetta's file worked (of course), but did not know HOW it was working. 

Right on!... this little trick will be so handy! So happy to have the power of a Button Bar as an option!!!
THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH!!!

Now with the ability to use a Button Bar, wanted to make use of the [ Hide Object ] feature and make a cool check box toggle.

I've accomplished this, and it works great when activated by 'mouse click', but FAILS when tabbed into and activated via 'key command', aka enter, or spacebar.

Strangely, if you turn OFF the hide object feature, that key command works. Somehow a conflict is happening with hide object is involved, and I can not seem to resolve it.

I need the script to toggle true, and then return to itself so that user can simply hit the return/spacebar key to continue to toggle back and for, then when ready, hit the tab key to move on to data entry.

Thank you for your interest and any help!  😃

sample_button_bar_03.fmp12

I've attached a 'workaround' file (bummer I could not get the original button bar to work). The Button Bar behaves differently somehow with the combination of being tabbed into, and hidden segments. I've exhausted myself trying to solve this issue to the best of my ability, maybe a FMP bug, I dunno. So I have resorted to going back to using a standard button stacked underneath the Button Bar. The button bar is now inert with the function of only storing / displaying icons.

sample_button_bar_04.fmp12

Edited by Dr. Evil

This topic is 1275 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.