PSoS scripts halt on EmailRegister, no logging... just halts

This topic is 1218 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Can seem to get the Mail plugin to respond on FileMaker Server. At first it wasn't initializing, which we fixed. Now, it simply doesn't respond. We have a script which works fine from the client side, but when run on the server via PSoS, when it gets to the RegisterEmail step, it simply stops. No errors, no logging from either the event.log nor the 360 logs. For now, we're using PSoS, but the intent is to get a timer schedule to run it.

The setup:
macOS 10.13.6 High Sierra
Mac Mini i5 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM
FM Server 18.0.3.319
360Works Email 3.34016

At first we couldn't get the plugin to initialize, this was resolved with the Common Issues post, and by fixing folder permissions. Numerous restarts, etc.

At a loss here.

Hi Brian,

That is peculiar behavior as I would expect the plugin to log issues reaching our license server. The only time I have seen a plugin not respond was trying to execute a PSOS from a file that was not hosted on FileMaker Server. Just as a check, are you executing this in a hosted file?

If this is a hosted solution, you can test to see if the registration is the issue by removing the registration function from your script (or comment it out), restart the FMSE which will restart the demo mode timer. You can restart the FMSE with the following command in Terminal:

fmsadmin restart fmse -y

Once the FMSE has restarted, you should be able to run the plugin for 2 hours without registering. At this point, try running your PSOS script again and see if it succeeds. If it does, there may be an issue with the plugin reaching our license server from the FMS machine. If the issue persists, please let me know. 

I restarted FMSE, bypassed EmailRegister...

Now it hangs on the very next 360Works Email step, EmailConnectIMAP. I added logging script steps just before it and just after the call, the first log entry works, but the second one never triggers. It appears to be halting whenever calling the plugin.

No logs on the server give any indication.

This topic is 1218 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.