Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Sub-summary part does not print

CCBtx

This topic is 1165 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a sub summary part that appears on top of the body that does not print.

The sub summary part appears properly (with the proper data) in browse and preview mode.

In preview mode, if I save to pdf, the sub summary part appears correctly in the pdf.

When I print it.... nothing.

I believe it has something to do with th FM print.... I am doing everything through a script.

I stopped the script and changes a bunch of setting... changed printers.. changed back... no clue what... and it actually printed.

But.... when I closed that window... back to nothing.

Any ideas?

hmm ok that rules out that... and would also not be a sliding issue or hide logic issue. 

is the contents of the summary missing or is the space still visible on the print out perhaps the field or object is 1px out side the top / bottom?

(just a best guess)

...so, I have narrowed it down to the paper size in the print driver.... I have probably not had the opportunity in a few years or so about how I hate, hate. hate HATE, HATE.... the fm print driver setup... espescially with clients accessing the solution on a server... and those clients having all different print setups.

At the moment... when I chose a page size... I cant get it to save that page size...

Joys of FM print engine.... I think that is what it is.... if I can get the proper size to "stick"... it appears to work.

I cant get the paper size correct, or for filemaker to properly control the printer... consistently from a script... in the print setup/print dialogs.

Should I find it strange that if I set print settings in print setup, those same settings do NOT appear when I select print?

I am giving up.  My current work-around is enter preview, create a pdf, open the pdf in Acrobat, and then print the pdf from Acrobat.... obviously a bad solution.

If anyone can help, I would really appreciate it.

This topic is 1165 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.