Document tree/folders

This topic is 1130 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Good evening.

I was wondering please if anybody knew of a product or method whereby I could store files in a structure that worked similarly to that of folders and sub-folders. At the end of every "branch" would be a container field that housed a file - such as a PDF. As the client would be adding, editing and deleting the folders, the levels within, and the files in there, it would need to be a tool that is easily manipulated.
I'm sure you know what I mean, but I have included a screen dump of an example folder structure to illustrate what I have in mind.  If there is an existing tool out there - terrific. If not, where does one start with Filemaker to create this please.

I have watched a couple of Richard Carlton's videos and the portal tree videos. Whilst the structure of a single menu "level" is explained, it doesn't cover multiple levels or fields within. I am thinking somebody must have this same question before me.

Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you in advance.

Greg

Edited by Greg Hains

Hi Ocean West,

Thankyou for this. These links are good!,  They also took me to Nick Hunter's UI Energy sample.
You've given me something to start with - much appreciated. :)

Greg

This topic is 1130 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.