Customizing 'Action Is Running' Dialog

This topic is 1133 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I have a script that retrieves and processes a bunch of records from another data source.  In the desktop app, the script displays status messages at various points (updating a global text field) and then displays a progress bar while it's processing the records.  In WebDirect, however, all I get is a generic dialog titled, "Action Is Running" with the content "Please wait . . ." and a spinner.  My status messages and progress bar do not appear at all.  Is that because it's just happening faster than FileMaker Server can push updates to my browser?  I don't have a "Refresh Window" step after each update, because I thought WebDirect windows update automatically.

The dialog gives the user some feedback, which is good, but it sure would be nice if I could customize it.  Is that possible at all?  I haven't found anything.

Thanks!

WebDirect usually does not update the window when scripts are running, and far less reliably than FileMaker Pro.

Refresh Window also usually doesn't work - instead I use a Pause/Resume script step for 0.001 seconds and this fixes many issues.

Continued . . .

The only problem is that the script seems to pause far longer than .001 seconds (probably just takes the browser interaction that long to complete) and it also sometimes pops up the yellow bar at the top of the screen that says, "Script is Paused".  Any way to supress that bar?

19 hours ago, eljefejb said:

Continued . . .

The only problem is that the script seems to pause far longer than .001 seconds (probably just takes the browser interaction that long to complete) and it also sometimes pops up the yellow bar at the top of the screen that says, "Script is Paused".  Any way to supress that bar?

I don't know how short the minimum is but I assume that whatever it is .001 should cover it. The main problem is if the user interacts during the pause.

The Yellow bar can be suppressed by using the following script:

#This is to cause a screen refresh so the background displays
Allow User Abort [ Off ]
Show/Hide Toolbars [ Hide ]
Show/Hide Menubar [ Hide ]
Refresh Window
Pause/Resume Script [ Duration (seconds): .001 ]
Show/Hide Menubar [ Show ]
Show/Hide Toolbars
[ Show ]

You may not need the Refresh Window, dependent on your use case.

As with most things of this nature testing is important, especially as it might change with new Web Direct versions (though this has been fairly stable as far as I recall).

This topic is 1133 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.