Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Portal row cannot delete with button.

This topic is 978 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a portal and add a simple single step button to delete the portal row. Not every row let’s me delete. Some do. Some don’t. I’ve never seen this before. What could be the issue?

make sure the button is completely in the portal row. you can tell by moving the portal or looking at the Object palette hierarchy. If the button "floats" on top, it's not in the portal row, and therefore you've lost the context for the portal button. 

8 minutes ago, bcooney said:

make sure the button is completely in the portal row

If the button is not inside the portal, then it won't be repeated in every row. And it will still be "clickable" (i.e. change its appearance in "Hover" and "Pressed" states) - even if  no action will take place. 

4 hours ago, fousthvk said:

The button isn’t clickable.

it’ll skip rows. Some rows work then 2 won’t then 5 will. It’s driving me nuts. 

Either the button is clickable which works on some records or it isn't clickable at all. Here is how we can help you:

1.  Record a video with the file in Browse mode clicking into row 1, then row 2 etc and switch to a few different records and click the Delete on each row.  Attach the video.

2. Attach a screen shot in Layout mode of the entire layout including status bar.

3.  Do you have any script triggers on this layout?

4.  Do you have any special Privileges assigned to records in this table?

5. When you record the video, have script debugger open and viewable to us as well.

It is possible that, with this information, we can pin down the problem.

Edited by LaRetta

This topic is 978 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.