Tomorrows question is here Today!

This topic is 8138 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

OK!,

So I have made my CDML pages and they work as well as I would expect them to in my localhost591 port. Next, I want to be able to do the same on internet right? Since I am trying to make the database available to the public. I noticed Dave had a problem about the host server guys not wanting to give him access to port 80 etc. I might face the same problem in the future.

Could some one tell me in plain English the steps I may need to take (stuff info I will need to have handy) to face the hosting company?

My understanding is...

1) Test the pages on local computer

2) Make sure the host server will have the program (FMP) and get the database running 24/7

3) I will need access to FTP to upload new features and maybe replace the database from time to time

4) Host server will need to be able to host .asp, cgi, .html, .jsp, .xtml and other current formats out there that may be used (to provide me flexibility and choice) to enhance performace of my site and database

-----------

I had a feeling that the database will have to be served from my computer, if that is the case, how do we go about it?

keep in mind that I live out in the country side we donot even have cable available to us and that all this is for the cemetery. I got them to buy the computer and FMP5 last year, but THEN it was only for cemetery use and I made them the database. Now 'I' want to extend services, so its my game and I don't have too much to spend.

Thanks smile.gif" border="0

This topic is 8138 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.