Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Displaying Wrong Calculation

This topic is 8088 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am experiencing a maddening problem. I have written a calculation in my database based on CurrentRecordNumber. I am taking data from records and having it display in a 5 X x HTML table. Record 1, goes in cell one, and so on. Obviously the first table cell opens the row, the last closes the row so I must know the position.

My calculation works great adn gives me the right value, however when it is passed through web companion it displays the value as if I had found "all" records. For example my database show the calculated value as "1" after finding the right set and sorting them, however the web page displays "2", the value for the record if I'd done a findall. Anyone experience this problem or know a way to get the actual unstored calculated value to be passed. I already have it set to compute the value as necessary, it isn't stored.

[ March 03, 2002, 09:53 AM: Message edited by: rsklenar ]

"My calculation works great adn gives me the right value, however when it is passed through web companion it displays the value as if I had found "all" records."

Perhaps there is a reason for this. When your calc. is "passed through" wc have you then checked your db to see what search criteria you are entering from your format file in order to perform the find?

This topic is 8088 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.