Values in a find

This topic is 7918 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

First i would like to say that i have been trying to learn cdml and have found these forums to be of great value. Now on to my question.

I have database where the user can preform a range find. Hear is what my code looks like.

<TD ALIGN=LEFT VALIGN=TOP>

<input type="hidden" name="-Op" value="gte">

<INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="ID" VALUE="" SIZE=2></P>

</TD>

<TD ALIGN=LEFT VALIGN=TOP>

<input type="hidden" name="-Op" value="lte">

<INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="ID" VALUE="" SIZE=2></P>

This produces two fields on the find screen and works great. The problem is if they enter something in the first field and not the second the find performs this >=ID. Is there any way to see if they entered something in the first field and nothing in the second then changeing the find to =ID.

I have tried using tokens but i dont know if they are right for this. Is this possible? Or do i have to rely on the user to read instructions? I need this done on about 5 fields.

Thanks for any help.

Matt

Matt, check out the thread right next to this one (?newbie alert!!). It got sidetracked with another question having to do with field validation for passwords but I think you'll be able to apply it to what you're doing. (Look lower in the post.).

-- ST

http://www.fmforums.com/threads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB22&Number=50291&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#Post51076

• Newbies

Thanks ST i took a look at that thread it may help.

I ended up trying tokens then inlineaction. I read on the form that you could change a field from a field in an inline action. Is this true? Or am i just doing it wrong?

[FMP-InlineAction:-DB=MYDB,-op="eq",FIELD1="{FMP-Field:FIELD2}",-op="eq",Field3={currenttoken},-sortfield=FIELD1,-sortorder="ascend",-Find]

Thanks

This topic is 7918 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.