Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Replicate Status Area in Find Mode

This topic is 7570 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

There is no other way to keep track of the omit status for each find request. If you are on a Mac, you can get it with Applescript, but on Windows there is no way to retrieve it once it is set. When the user clicks the omit box (actually a script button), a script records this action in the Omit status array field, and then sets the actual omit status accordingly.

You could have a find with 10 requests in it. The first 3 could be standard finds. The next 3 could be omit requests, and the last 4 might alternate between finds and omits. When the user clicks back and forth between the various requests, the script has to display the correct omit status for that request. It gets the info from the omit status array.

• 2 months later...

One note: On Windows the Omit pop-up doesn't work unless the field is formatted as a menu. The list just vanishes after one second and can't be re-entered until another field has been selected. And it's a fight to click into another field before the next second elapses. Otherwise, I like it a lot, too.

The Omit is just a checkbox. I think you mean the Symbols popup.

I agree that this popup should be done differently. I don't like pause loops (I've seen them go wrong too many times), but I was trying to make it look as much like the original status area as possible for this example.

I would probably replace the popup with checkboxes formatted as buttons that execute a script to insert the special characters.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.