Date Range to List of Dates

This topic is 7625 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

At Ugo's request I'm posting a link to this sample file:

http://www.fmforums.com/threads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=64213&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&vc=1

While you can use this to generate a multi-key on the fly, it wasn't really intended for that. For a multi-key, I recommend using the similar but simpler method in this thread:

http://www.fmforums.com/threads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=64912&page=2&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=186&fpart=1

One thing that I should mention is that the DateRange3.fp5 file won't handle the years 1900 and 2100 properly. Those are the quirky years in the Gregorian calendar that are divisible by 4 and 100, but not 400, which means that they are *not* leap years. I don't imagine it is likely to affect most users, but it can be fixed by changing the case statements in the DateList formula and StartIndex formula. It makes the formulae quite a bit more complex though.

2000 was also a "quirky" year... hence the Y2K woes.

Errrm, now that I read it again I think you my have meant the year 2400, not 2100. (2100 is not divisible by 400.) The year 2800 will also be problematic.

No, any year divisible 100 is not a leap year unless it is also divisible by 400.

So, 2000 was a leap year, but 1900 and 2100 are not. What caused the confusion in 2000 aside from everyone concentrating on Y2K bugs was that while many programmers were aware that 1700, 1800 and 1900 were not leap years because they were divisible by 100, they weren't aware of the 'divisible by 400' exception and messed up on 2000.

So a test for a leap year is:

Mod(year,4)=0 and Mod(year,100)<>0 or Mod(year,400)=0

I'm sorry, I meant to say that the link was okay, it was that once you were there, the attachments wouldn't download. It takes you to a URL Not available page, that says,

[color:"blue"] > Not Found

> The requested URL /downloads/files/ was not found on this server.

>

>

> Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an

> ErrorDocument to handle the request.

> ------------------------------------------------------------------------

> Apache/1.3.26 Server at fmforums.com Port 80

Lee

P.S. I just tried the first one again and got the same answer I got for Both of them this AM

frown.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.