Repeating Field / Obtaining last value entered

This topic is 7407 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am working on a database that tracks documents. The document will go through up to five offices. For a certain layout I have three repeating fields: Sent From, Sent To and Date Sent. These fields have 5 repetitions.

I want to have a field that contains the last value entered for the Sent to field, Which tells where the document is currently located. I have five new calculated fields (Rep1-5), each one captures the value of each repeating Sent To field. Then I made a last calculated field, with the following calculation:

If( TRep5 <> "", "This form is currently located at " & TRep5 & ".", If( TRep4 <> "", "This form is currently located at " & TRep4 & ".", If( TRep3 <> "", "This form is currently located at " & TRep3 & ".", If( TRep2 <> "", "This form is currently located at " & TRep2 & ".", If( TRep1 <> "", "This form is currently located at " & TRep1 & ".", "This form has not been tracked yet.")))))

This calculation works for when the last/fifth repetition is entered, but for all other cases, it acts as if there are no values entered (by taking the last value, "This form has not been tracked yet." from the calculation)

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong with my calculation, or if there is an easier way to capture the latest value of a repeating field?

thank you

This topic is 7407 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.