Server Maintenance This Week. ×

This topic is 8407 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi I'm a newbie to this forum, my first post. Wow! Broke the ice.

I am developing an application. I'd like to preview a layout of multiple pages. I want the user to be able to step through the layout one page at a time. I don't want them to have access to the status bar. Is there a way to do this? Have I missed something really simple?

Cheers

Rob

For the purpose of previewing, why not show the status bar, and turn off all the layouts from showing up in the list.

Another option but much more tedious. Would be, while in preview mode via a script perform a copy command then via script go to a layout with fields defined as containers and paste in the image. your script would have to do this for each page. And you would have to have enough fields. Or you would have to have a related database where you could add images.

This is my first time replying to one of these.

I did it a slightly different way, by opening the status bar as part of the preview script and then hiding it again after the preview is completed. You obviously still end up with the status bar but only during preview and print functions.

Thanks Guys,

The idea of NOT showing the status bar is to maintain continuity. The ppl who use the app may know nothing of FM and will be confused by the screen change.

We know what the status bar is all about but looking at it from their point of view, they could be confused. "What's happening? What's this for? What do I do now?"

There doesn't appear to be a solution. Thanks for your help anyway.

Cheers

Rob

Here's a script that will get you what you want:

Toggle Status Area [Hide]

Go to Record/Request/Page [First]

Enter Preview Mode [] <uncheck 'Pause'>

Show Message ["Press "Enter" to preview the next page."]

Loop

Pause/Resume Script [] <Select Indefinitely>

Go to Record/Request/Page [Exit after last,Next]

End Loop

Enter Browse Mode

Toggle Status Area [show]

You could also move the Show Message into the Loop to display the message after each page is displayed - but that might get pretty annoying if there are a lot of pages to display.

[ April 20, 2001: Message edited by: dykstrl ]

This topic is 8407 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.