toggle data in Field ?

This topic is 7344 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello

we would like to make a button out of a field where we have to add a certain range of prices.

I would like the user to be able to click on this field (button) and with each click raise the amount by 5 dollars and then start over. So the clicks would change the field like first click "5", 2nd click "10", 3rd click "15" But since there are only 3 possible entries if I click again it would go back to "5" and so on.

Is there some way to do this with the mouse if the field is a button?

Thanks for your help

STan

While I am on the subject suposing you want to do the same thing with a list. like

4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12 for example

or

red, yellow, orange, green , blue , violet, white , black

for example. I tried to use the case statement you gave me but I couldn't make it work.

Thanks

STan

With a list of numbers such as that, I would just say "Type It" with a list of colors, I would use a Popup Menu (possibly based on a field depending on other needs for the list).

HTH

Lee laugh.gif

Hi Dj,

I think you know by now, along with all of the other active members of this list, that I'm a BIG fan of calculations.

However, I played with STan's idea and your calculation prior to making my last post, and quickly realized that a calculation used in this manner made no sense. Am I missing something here?

IMO, once you get past 2 or for sure 3, you loose any benefit provided by it.

For instence, what is the advantage of clicking on a field 4 or 5 times to get to a number, or an item to be selected?

How does the user to know how many items are there, what they are, without having to click completely through the list first.

I'm sure there are other reasons, but these would be enough for me to go back to my first recommendations of typing them in, or using a Popup list.

Lee

cool.gif

to lee

Thanks for y ou answers. your point is well taken. I am chosing this method because they may have to do the clicking on the fly and will be able to say to themselves 4 clicks will get purple and 5 clicks will get me Blue for example. and they will often change their minds so if the clicking cycles it doesn't pull up additional space and time. It is very close to a pop up menu but I actually asked and asked them to try and the preferred the clicking.

T

This topic is 7344 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.