Server Maintenance This Week. ×

relative file paths keeps changing!

This topic is 7345 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have set up a simple DB and I'm trying to get it online. I've done this before and have not run into this problem before. The relative references within the files keep getting messed up. I can go through the page and all is fine (the Js & CSS files all connect) then after I edit a file, and try to come back to a "browse" page there's an extra folder added to the paths so the format file still loads, but none of the Js or CSS work! Any ideas on what's going on?

All the files (DB, html, css, js) are in the Web folder of FMPro, and it connects to the web just fine - then it falls apart. The DB is at mullindesigns.com:591/mason/

Thanks for any suggestions.

Ed Mullin

Version: v6.x

Platform: Mac OS X Panther

• Newbies

Right, I have tried tracking that and I can't see anything. It seems to happen after I edit a record. Is there some variable or tag I need to be passing or something?

This thing is driving me nuts! and I can't find a decent reference book on this either!

Thanks, Ed

We may need to have a look at your "edit" page to see what is happening! What does this line look like:

<input type="hidden" name="-format" value="mynextpage.html"> or

<input type="hidden" name="-format" value="mason/mynextpage.html"> or

<input type="hidden" name="-format" value="/mason/mynextpage.html">

All the best.

Garry

Yes, it could also be the FORM tag, too. I didn't check your site, but we used to have similar problems...

<FORM ACTION="http://yoursite.com/mason" METHOD="post">

<FORM ACTION="http://yoursite.com" METHOD="post">

We try to use the former now and have each subsite's paths relative to that as though it were the main root Web folder. We got confused when we were putting the directory paths in the -format lines.

--ST

This topic is 7345 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.