Server Maintenance This Week. ×

[FP7} How can I tell who's accessing DB from IWP?

This topic is 7326 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I'm just starting with Filemaker 7 IWP. I want to run a startup script which checks whether the user is coming from the web or the network and go to a specific layout. I thought there would be a Get field which would determine this, but i have been unable to figure it out.

Thought?

FileMaker Version: 7

Platform: Mac OS X Panther

Heres a method I have used to log users in fmp 6 but is way easier in 7

Create a new table 'LogHistory' that will hold the logged-in user history

In the login (Startup) script check if it is a FMIWP client and if so create a new record in your LOGHistory Table with the TimeStamp and UserIP

If you want to get fancy then add a text tracing field that appends the layout/operation the user is doing based on what scripts they run. This way you will have a good idea of who, when what, where and they did.

Charles

PS for the fmp6 users, the way I did this was to auto create a new record in the startup script of my web interface file. I auto enter ip , date and time, then goto layout of my greeting/landing page.

see the New business Tracker solution on filemakers site for an example, as I recall it checks to see if it is a local user or IWP user to show the web catalog.

(I dont have FMP on this machine right now so I cant tell you the exact calc's but basically you user some of the developer fuctions and check the privs' of the curent user)

Charles

Wahoo 100 posts.

"Yes, but charles is still pretty slow compared to some of the other kids"

One of the many changes. These will be documented in the forthcoming Migration Methodologies (mega) Tech Brief:

http://www.filemaker.com/upgrade/techbriefs.html

From that document:

Status(CurrentWebSharing) used to report whether or not Web sharing was enabled, regardless of whether any users were web based.

On conversion, this function is replaced with:

Position( Get( ApplicationVersion );

This topic is 7326 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.