"Page Not Found" when linking to default page

This topic is 7260 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a website being hosted in one place and a link on one of my pages to another IP address which is running FileMaker Unlimited and serving the remainder of the pages which interact with the FMP database. The main website uses frames, with the web companion pages 'inside' one of the frames. (To see this, go to www.cpestore.com and click on the "Online Grading" link; then clicking on the "Grade It" button opens the default web companion page.)

I use the following link to get to my default Web Companion page:

http://216.168.63.37:591/cpestore/default.htm

Here is the problem. Some of my users get a "Page Not Found" error when they click on the above link. They can access the rest of the pages just fine, just not the web companion pages. It appears that this problem occurs only when they are accessing the internet from a business computer network. I suspect that the problem has to do with a firewall and/or proxy server configuration, or maybe even a browser setting.

Can anyone help me out with this?

Hi, PF! I'm not that knowledgeable in this area, but it could be that the PORT blockage is by their ISP and not their local firewall so you'd probably be better off using :80 as Garry recommends. If you don't want to use :80, they might let :8080 go through since that is the alternate web port. They may have no idea that :591 is a FileMaker web port and they probably won't care.

You never know, though!

--ST

Hi, I've found that blocking port 591 on corporate firewalls is becoming *very* common even though its a legitimate, registered port.

An easy solution is to use the WSC so that all your FileMaker calls get handled by the webserver on port 80. You can run Apache, WSC and FileMaker on the same computer and it's often faster anyway. You can install and set it up in just a few minutes, but you need to move all your image files etc. to the same relative location in the webserver root directory.

regards, jeff

This topic is 7260 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.