Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Sub-Script Runs Anyway

This topic is 8229 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello Everyone:

I realize I am being somewhat persistent, so forgive me. I know very little compared to the think tank of this forum, and I would like some more information.

I am running a script that runs several sub-scripts. It looks something like this:

Perform Script [sub-scripts, "Certain Script"]

Perform Script [sub-scripts, "Certain Script2"]

If ["Late Notice Print Status = "Disabled""]

Exit Script

Else

Perform Script [sub-Scripts, "Print Late Notice Sheet"]

End If

Blah, Blah

Ironically, the sub-script that performs if the IF function is false, is the script that I'm having trouble with and posted in "Ignoring my date calculation."

Regardless, here is my problem with this one. It runs the scripts up to the If statement. There, (and I hope i've set it up properly) I would like it to look and see if the field "Late Notice Print Status" contains the word "Disabled." If it does, i wanted it to exit the script, and therefore not perform the sub-script "Print Late Notice Sheet." Else, perform the script. But it performs the sub-script even if the indicated field contains the word "disabled."

Am I missing something? Do I have to set up another Else for if the field does not have the word "Disabled?" That doesn't seem right.

But I am confident that you guys can help me like the million times you have before.

Thanks,

Ken

Thanks for the reply, SteveinVegas.

I tried the Halt Script, but it didn't work. Maybe I'm putting it in the wrong place. I tried a few different configurations, but to no avail. Below are some of the ways I tried it, each starting with the last sub-script before the If Function:

Halt Script

Else

End If

Blah, Blah

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Halt Script

Blah, Blah

What would you suggest??

Thanks for your help.

Ken

Incidentally, my Vegas trip has to be cancelled - mad.gif" border="0

Thanks for the reply, LiveOak.

You bring up a good point. After I read your post, I went back and looked at the field. The field is called "Late Notice Print Status." It is a Standard text Field with "allow entry into field" Behavior.I set up a script, attached it to a button that sets this field to read "Disable." One thing I noticed is that when I click on this field, it doesn't allow me to enter the field to edit. I looked under Field Format, and there was a check next to "Allow entry into the Field." What's going on here? Do you think that this problem might have something to do with it??

What else should I look for?

Thank you kindly for your help!!

Ken

The Header... it's sort of a Twilight Zone for fields. Sometimes a Leading Grand Summary can serve as an altrnative to a header on some layouts.

OK! I think I figured it out....

The field I was having trouble with was on a columnar list/report, in the header. I took the field off of this layout and put it in a standard layout field, and it works! My only question is, was it because it was in a columnar list/report layout, or because it was in the header (which was the only logical place to put it on this type of layout):

This topic is 8229 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.