Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Show Message Script Step

This topic is 8131 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hey all!

I have a question about showing a message. Perhaps you can answer it for me. One script I have does a loop through all the records to change contents of a field. I put a "Freeze Window" command in while it makes the changes. Right now, there are only 10 records in my Db, but if there's hundreds or thousands it may take a while to go through all of them. I want to put a message up just before freezing the window to say "Please Wait," but without the OK or Cancel button of the Show Message step. is there a way to do that?

Thanks,

Ken

Thanks for the help.

I have another question: My script contains several sub-scripts. I put a "Go to Layout" step, and had it point to a layout that says "please wait..." Then I freeze the window.

The problem is that it is not freezing the window. The sub-scripts all have print commands, and it flashes the "Now Printing" dialog for each sub-script. So basically the "Freeze Window" command is not working. Is there anything that I am missing about this command?

Thanks,

Ken

Can you post the script steps? You might have to put Freeze Window in each sub-script as well.

Whenever I make a script, the Freeze Window step is always put in, usually at the top under Allow User Abort [Off] unless there is some reason not to.

Sometimes what can happen is that the functioning of the script is such that script continues processing before the actual monitor can refresh the screen in its frozen state, so you are seeing what would normally be hidden by the "frozen layout".

Try sticking a Pause/Resume Script [0:00:01] ( a 1 second pause) after the Freeze Window. This should give the monitor pleanty of time to properly refresh your screen.

Thanks guys for your prompt reply.

Actually, Kurt, that is how I have it. It looks like this:

Go to Layout [Certain Layout]

Freeze Window

Pause Script [00.00.02]

Perform Script [sub-Scipts, "Certian Subscript"]

Perform Script [sub-Scripts, "Certain Subscript"]

and on......and on...... and on........ (until all 33 of them are complete)

When this is executed, it brings up that "Now Printing" dialog for each script step.

Hey Vaughan: while I have your attention, will you please look at the posting: Question on sub-scripts. I have another question for you.

Thanks!

Ken

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This topic is 8131 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.