Layout Size Limitaton in 4.1?

This topic is 7215 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am still working with FMP 4.1 on a Mac OS 9.2. I am working on a database that contains 14 layouts in which data is collected which ultimately needs to be output as a report in .pdf format. I currently have it set up where 14 .pdf documents can be generated and compiled into a single document back in Acrobat Distiller. However, on the Mac, inserting the pages does not do so in alphabetical order, so they have to be manually adjusted afterwards.

I am experimenting with running the entire report, with all the necessary fields, in/on a single layout. However, there appears to be a 111" height limitation on the layouts, and to accommodate for the 'worst case' scenario, I need more height. Can anyone confirm the height limitation, in which case I will just abandon that approach?

If it is feasible to extend the layout, and even on the individual layouts, is there any way to ensure that fields, whose depth may vary based on user input, do not get cut off between pages? So far ensuring that the text baselines align with the page breaks in layout mode seems to be working OK, but I am wondering if there is "a better way".

Thanks in advance for any and all replies.

Yes, there is a 111 inch height limitation, it still remains in FMP 7.

This height limitation is PER RECORD so as long as your data is split bewteen records the limitation is moot.

I have never hit the layout limitation.

• Newbies

Thanks for the confirmation Vaughan. Apparently I *have* hit the layout limitiation then - at least for the preferred method of generating a single .pdf file. All the layouts belong to the same record. So I will have to have the 14 separate layouts which will generate the multiple.pdf files (if it was printing to paper I would be all set) and will have to thread them back together in Acrobat. Maybe I can find something that will make that more efficient...

Just to clarify, are you sure the height limitation is per record, and not per layout? I mean, I can create as many layouts as I want, each being 111" in height if needed (which I don't).

Thanks again.

This topic is 7215 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.