Opener Files, How to?

This topic is 8130 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have been trying to find out how to create an opener file. The file that exsist on the clients computer and lanches a bunch of hosted files from FM Server.

Now I have done a lot of searches on this site and all replies point to a file called Opener Files in the FAQ Forum. But I have tried to find this and the FAQ Forum but no luck. The only link to FAQ on the site is at the top right corner of this page, but that does not lead to any helpful info.

Could someone help with a step by step for creating this opener file, so I may make it easier for the users to lanch their FM files without going to the remote file menu.

Thanks

FM 5.5

FM Server 5.5

Macs and Windows

The basic opener file has:

No fields.

No records.

One Script, set to run as a startup script.

The steps in the script include:

Allow User Abort (off)

Set Error Capture (on)

Open (File Name 1)

Open (File Name 2)

Open (File Name N)

Close ()

The file runs a startup script with opens the files desired (replace File Name 1, 2, etc. with your files) and then closes itself. That's all there is to it, no mystery.

-bd

quote:

Originally posted by LiveOak:

The basic opener file has:

No fields.

No records.

One Script, set to run as a startup script.

The steps in the script include:

Allow User Abort (off)

Set Error Capture (on)

Open (File Name 1)

Open (File Name 2)

Open (File Name N)

Close ()

The file runs a startup script with opens the files desired (replace File Name 1, 2, etc. with your files) and then closes itself. That's all there is to it, no mystery.

-bd

I understand this is how to open a bunch of files on the same computer but how Do I do this for some hosted files. Let say the user can double click an icon on the desktop which will by pass the remote window list of all the hosted files qnd just go to

aq hosted files on the server and start opening files. This is where I am confused. How to link the files on another computer.

Thanks

This topic is 8130 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.