Simple relationship not working

North2Alaska

This topic is 7246 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have two TOs, Home and PO. Home is a set of global fields, one is a calculation labeled gZero and has a calculated result of zero. In PO, I have a calculated field of zc_InvoiceUninvoiced, which is the amount used on the PO minus the amount already invoiced to give a value of what has not been invoiced. This was a quick and dirty way of tracking invoices without a full blown invoicing system. Anyway, the number that is displayed is like $450.00. I then have a relationship between Home and PO like gZero < zc_InvoiceUninvoiced. The problem is no records are every displayed in the portal. Are there any caveats when relating numbers or calculations or some such. I just can quite figure it out.

I gave it a try and it doesn't work. It doesn't seem like the calculation is firing because the value of the field never changes. Is there a trick to get it to do the calculation? I have the set it up as Number field with an auto-enter value and have checked off "Prohibit modification".

OK. Here is the whole thing. blush.gif Please be gentle. You can see the results by going to Purchase Order and selecting the Invoice tab. Add or remove an entry to cause the invoiced amount to alternate between 0 and some positive amount. Go back to Home and you will see no change. If you click the refresh button it runs a script to store the calculation and thus changes the rows in the portal. Reverse the process. No matter what I do to the invoice, nothing changes.

CA_Tracking5.fp7.zip

I didn't have much time to look at it yet, but it seems there may be too many related calculations that are occurring after the auto-enter calculation. You would have to change something in the PO table for it to update anyway, since what you're changing is in the related POInvoice table and that doesn't affect the PO table. I would suggest having a script set the UninvoicedRef field with the InvoicedUninvoiced amount after modifications are made.

This topic is 7246 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.