newbie - search multiple fields problem

rasmus

This topic is 7248 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Don't put quotes around your field names in that concatenated calculation. Your search is looking for the text inside the quotes and not looking for the data in the fields. wink.gif

Also, put spaces in there ... maybe you did and they just don't show, but it should look like this:

Field 1 & " " & Field 2 & " " & Field 3

Text should be in quotes; field names should be selected from the list by double-clicking to insert them - or typed without quotes.

• Newbies

Thanks. I removed the qutoes.

I still had a problem because of the way the fields are named ( I didn't name them or create the template I'm working with - just trying to build a search I need). The field names are all followed by numbers in parentheses. ie. Language (546)

When i rename the fields without the numbers etc., and rewrite the calc, it all works.

Of course, now I wonder if there isn't another way to do the same thing without having to rename the fields?

If you create a field with parens in its name, you'll see a warning message that the field cannot be used in a calculation. There is no way around that without renaming the field, as you have correctly done.

This topic is 7248 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.