Server Maintenance This Week. ×

HTML form fields ---> Filemaker

This topic is 7107 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi,

How do I pass data from form fields inside a simple html page to a filemaker database? Right now our web page is being hosted on a separate IP and I would need to make a call to our database which is on another separate IP and insert the records the user typed in on our web form into our database automatically and then return to a thank you page.

Error checking would be nice but is not required.

That's it.

How the heck do I do that?

Thanks in advance!

Eric...

• Newbies

Any way to automate this? The import process?

We host on Macs, both FMP and HTML. So perhaps we need to look at a different solution.

We get like 60+ form processes per day and right now they get emailed via a Cold Fusion script where then a staff member enters them into FMP. Yuck! We need to automate that process.

A whole 'nuther direction would be to use a plug-in, such as POP3it, to receive email directly into FileMaker, then parse the form into fields. We have some examples here (somewhere) that illustrate this kind of parsing; it's usually fairly easy, as HTML forms are fairly simple and consistent.

POP3it used to be able to check the mail automatically at set intervals (and run scripts before and after), but they haven't got this feature working yet for FileMaker 7 B)-[

Perhaps, as Wim says, you could use a more direct technique, with a scripting language. Command line or AppleScript on a Mac may be able to do this; but I'm not enough of a web-guy to know how.

• 3 weeks later...

This topic is 7107 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.