FM7 - Scripting error capture

This topic is 7007 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I've set up a script for a user to add another record (unique) in a related db. What I want to amend the script to do is throw up a message if the field is not unique. I'm trying to use the Get(Last Error) = 11 but i suspect this is SQL only???

I know I could script a search and if result = 1 run it, but was wondering if there was an easier (shorter) way to script it??

It's just a standard text field.

I think I'm doing it the wrong way around, before I create the record I should test if the global value already exists in the table??? I have the field validated to be unique.

Show Custom Dialog [Enter New Industry; gInput]

Go To Layout Industry

Create New Record

Set Field Industry; gInput

Commit Records 

(this is where I really need it to say if(Get (Last Error) = 11 show dialog "error record already exists" and roll it back?:)

Before I create the record I should test if the global value already exists in the table?

Yes! It's much easier this way. Just create a relationship between gInput and Industry. Then after the Show Custom Dialog step, add If [isEmpty(relationship::Industry)] before creating a new record. If the test is true, there is no related Industry. If it's false, one already exists.

This topic is 7007 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.